Franchising is a highly regulated area of commerce, requiring the knowledge and experience to properly implement intrastate and interstate business activities. Attorneys at Gentry Locke can assist with negotiating through this regulatory maze.
The legal services provided by our business attorneys address the following issues:
- Assist in creation and formation of franchise entities
- Preparation and filing of disclosure documentation with state and federal authorities, including Franchise Disclosure Documents (FDD) and other FTC disclosures and filings
- Preparation and review of franchisor and franchisee agreements
- Annual renewal of disclosure filings
- Workouts between franchisors and franchisees
- Monitoring compliance with state franchise and business regulations and FTC rules