27 Gentry Locke Attorneys Recognized in Best Lawyers® 2023 Lists
Monday and Bondurant Receive Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” Awards
ROANOKE, Va. (August 18, 2022) – The Virginia law firm Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 27 of the firm’s attorneys are included in the Best Lawyers® lists in 2023, including 22 attorneys recognized in the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® and five attorneys recognized in the 2023 edition of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™ list.
Of the 22 attorneys included in The Best Lawyers in America list, the following two attorneys were also recognized with a “Lawyer of the Year” award:
- Monica Taylor Monday received the Best Lawyers 2023 Appellate Practice “Lawyer of the Year” award in Roanoke.
- Thomas J. Bondurant Jr. received the Best Lawyers 2023 Criminal Defense: White-Collar “Lawyer of the Year” award in Roanoke.
The Gentry Locke attorneys and the areas of practice and which they were recognized in the 2023 The Best Lawyers in America list are:
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. – Corporate Compliance Law, Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Matthew W. Broughton – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- William E. Callahan, Jr. – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Michael J. Finney – Commercial Litigation, Qui Tam Law
- Franklin Flippin – Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- William Gust – Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law
- Gregory J. Haley – Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal
- Guy M. Harbert, III – Insurance Law
- Kevin Walker Holt – Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property
- Paul G. Klockenbrink – Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Todd A. Leeson – Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Powell M. (Nick) Leitch, III – Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants
- Brett Marston – Construction Law, Litigation – Construction
- Monica Taylor Monday – Appellate Practice
- David Paxton – Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Glenn W. Pulley – Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- William R. Rakes – Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions
- Scott Sexton – Commercial Litigation
- Bruce C. Stockburger – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Charles L. Williams – Environmental Law
- Clark H. Worthy – Real Estate Law
- Kathleen L. Wright – Litigation – Municipal
The Gentry Locke attorneys and the areas of practice and which they were recognized in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America are:
- Andrew M. Bowman – Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
- Scott Foster, Jr. – Corporate Law, Land Use and Zoning Law
- Jeffrey P. Miller – Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Transportation Law
- Kirk M. Sosebee – Commercial Litigation, Construction Law
- Scott A. Stephenson – Antitrust Law, Commercial Litigation, Energy Law
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Attorneys are nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievements across numerous practice areas. For the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, more than 12.2 million votes were analyzed, resulting in more than 71,000 leading lawyers recognized in the new edition. Lawyers are not allowed to pay a fee to be listed in order to be recognized by Best Lawyers.
About Gentry Locke
With over 70 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke, Lynchburg, and Richmond, Virginia, Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the United States. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring our website.