Lauren Coleman practices in Gentry Locke’s Business & Corporate group. Lauren focuses on assisting clients with a wide range of general corporate, real estate, and environmental matters. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Lauren was a summer associate with the firm, and also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable William G. Petty of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
Years of skiing
Guitar, learning to play
Years at W&M - go Tribe!
If you had chosen a different career path other than law, what would you be doing?
I always thought it would be fun to open a coffee shop. I’m not even that big of a coffee drinker but I spent many hours studying at coffee shops during college and law school. There was always a blend of friends catching up, business people exchanging ideas, and students immersed in books. I enjoy places that bring people and creative ideas together. That's one of the reasons I enjoy working at Gentry Locke -- the great collaborative environment.
Before you head into work each day, what is the one thing you will not skip?
Listening to music. Whether streaming a playlist on a morning run or tuning into the radio on the drive into work, listening to a song can get the day off to a great start.
What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I love spending time outdoors and am excited to now be living in Roanoke, where there are so many trails for hiking, running, and general adventuring. When not outside, you will probably find me making Pinterest craft projects.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D. 2016
- College of William & Mary, B.A. summa cum laude, 2013
- Researched zoning, environmental, trusts & estates, and business matters as a summer associate for the firm
- Drafted commercial leases and corporate agreements
- Drafted opinions and bench memoranda for the Honorable William G. Petty of the Court of Appeals of Virginia
- Researched Virginia statutes and case law in criminal matters as a legal intern for the Rockbridge County and City of Lexington Commonwealth Attorney’s Office
- Co-authored a policy paper as a member of William & Mary Law School’s Virginia Coastal Policy Center
- Member, Virginia State Bar (2016-Present)
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association (2016-Present)
- William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Message in a Water Bottle: The Call for a Tri-State TMDL for Western Lake Erie, 40 Wm. & Mary Envtl. L. & Pol’y Rev. 565 (2016)