Lauren Coleman practices in Gentry Locke’s Business & Corporate group. Lauren focuses on assisting clients with a wide range of general corporate, real estate, and environmental matters. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Lauren was a summer associate with the firm, and also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable William G. Petty of the Court of Appeals of Virginia.
Years of skiing
Guitar, learning to play
Years at W&M - go Tribe!
People would be surprised to know...
I danced competitively for eight years in lyrical, tap and ballet, and choreographed throughout college and into law school
If I wasn't practicing law...
I have always thought it would be nice to open a coffee shop. I spent many hours studying at coffee shops during college and law school. There was always a blend of friends catching up, business people exchanging ideas, and students immersed in books. I enjoy places that bring people and creative ideas together. That's one of the reasons I enjoy working at Gentry Locke -- the great collaborative environment.
Before you head into work each day, what is the one thing you will not skip?
Listening to music. Whether streaming a playlist on a morning run or tuning into the radio on the drive into work, listening to a song can get the day off to a great start.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D. 2016
- College of William & Mary, B.A. summa cum laude, 2013
- Draft and review contracts and policies for compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Assist clients with entity formation, business structure, and corporate governance matters
- Prepare and review commercial lease agreements
- Assist with commercial real estate transactions
- Research zoning, land use, and environmental matters
- Drafted opinions and bench memoranda for the Honorable William G. Petty of the Court of Appeals of Virginia
- Researched Virginia statutes and case law in criminal matters as a legal intern for the Rockbridge County and City of Lexington Commonwealth Attorney’s Office
- Co-authored a policy paper as a member of William & Mary Law School’s Virginia Coastal Policy Center
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association (2019-Present)
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association (2016-Present); Pro Bono Hotline Coordinator for Southwest Virginia Region, Young Lawyers Division (2018)
- Certificate in Leadership from Batten Leadership Institute at Hollins University (2018)
- Member, Virginia Women Attorneys Association (2017-Present)
- Board Member, Roanoke Children’s Theatre (2017-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar (2016-Present)
- William & Mary Environmental Law and Policy Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- 2018 Virginia General Assembly Report: Selected Real Estate Legislation, The Fee Simple – The Journal of the Virginia State Bar Real Property Section, Vol. XXXIX, No. 1 (2018).
- Message in a Water Bottle: The Call for a Tri-State TMDL for Western Lake Erie, 40 Wm. & Mary Envtl. L. & Pol’y Rev. 565 (2016).