Drew Hayhurst works in Gentry Locke’s Richmond office and is a member of the firm’s general commercial practice group. He joins the firm from an AmLaw 100 firm, where he worked on public finance and general corporate issues and transactions.
Drew previously served as a judicial extern for Special Master George Hastings, with the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Office of Special Masters.
Reasons I should rewrite the 2005 ESPN College Football Encyclopedia
Pounds I've lifted in combined personal records in Olympic clean and jerk and snatch movements
Grade, I taught myself to play the banjo because I loved the Movie "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"
OK, now we must ask what makes you think you should rewrite the 2005 ESPN College Football Encyclopedia ?
I love every aspect of college football from each school’s quirky traditions to all the regional rivalries, past and present. No other sport is as weird or has as much pageantry as college football. The sport has changed so much in the past 16+ years, so who better to revise and amend the original encyclopedia than a super fan like myself?
A little bird told us you're into baking. Like what?
I have grown to love baking bread, but my heart is held by dessert. I love making everything from cookies to cakes. My favorite recipe would have to be for Creole Cream Cheesecake where I make my own cheese!
You seem like you like a challenge and to learn new things. What drives you?
I take pride in trying to be a well-rounded person. I think it is easy to hone a single skill and become an expert, but variety is the spice of life. Learning new things and overcoming challenges not only fills me with a sense of pride, but also allows me to appreciate those who are already experts at their craft.
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
The University of Mississippi, B.A.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional with a U.S. designation (CIPP-US)
- Drafted and revised commercial leasing, stock purchase, asset purchase, and revolving credit
- Drafted and managed closing/ancillary transaction documents and disclosure schedules for
commercial real estate, credit, stock, and asset transactions.
- Drafted corporate organizational documents including articles of incorporation/organization, bylaws
and operating agreements.
- Drafted and revised master services, subcontracting and non-disclosure agreements.
- Drafted and revised documents required in municipal bond transactions including indenture, loan,
security, assignment and commercial leasing agreements.
- Drafted and managed closing transaction documents for municipal bond transactions.
- Drafted and revised master services agreements and statements of work.
- Provided legal due diligence review and counsel for prospective credit agreement.
- 3rd Degree Member of the Knights of Columbus, Richmond
- Wake Forest Transactional Competition
- Community and Business Law Clinic
- Articles Editor, Wake Forest University Journal of Law and Policy, Spring 2017-Spring 2018
- Vice Chairperson, Wake Forest Transactional Competition, 2017
- Named Best Negotiator in Wake Forest’s Transactional Law Competition, Fall 2016
- CALI Award Recipient in Commercial Leasing