Zach LeMaster is our Government Affairs Director. Zach specializes in providing insight on the rules and procedures of the General Assembly to clients who need a comprehensive strategy to support their legislative goals through the biennial budget and legislative process. He is not an attorney. Zach has been involved in nearly every major policy initiative in the Virginia General Assembly since 2014 including the biennial budget, modernizing Virginia’s energy policy, criminal justice reform, marijuana decriminalization, and the expansion of gaming and gambling in the Commonwealth. His experience in state policy and strategic communications includes serving as Legislative Aide to Virginia Senator, Thomas K. Norment, Jr. who was both Majority and Minority Leader during Zach’s tenure. Zach earned his Bachelor of Science in Public Policy and Administration with a minor in Political Science from James Madison University.
James Madison University, B.S. in Public Policy and Administration
- Developed policy initiatives for the Virginia Senate Republican Caucus
- Planned and organized fundraiser that generated nearly $4.5 million in funds
- Coordinated a regional group of local government and businesses on legislative strategies to support and promote tourism.
- Served as an intermediary for hundreds of constituent to various executive agencies
- Lead grassroots teams in historic special elections
- Reviewed and vetted thousands of applicants to citizen led commissions