At Gentry Locke, our success comes from the talent and hard work of our lawyers and staff.
Our attorneys are consistently recognized for their excellence as lawyers, whether through selection to membership or fellowships in the American College of Trial Lawyers, American College of Appellate Lawyers, the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, or being voted as “Best Lawyers in America” or “Legal Elite” by their peers.
The collegial and collaborative work environment we have created and the strong client relationships we have forged have resulted in our firm receiving recognition through the years.
- We have been named “Best Law Firm in Southwest Virginia” since 2017 by Virginia Living magazine
- Since 2017 Gentry Locke has been named “Platinum Best Law Firm” by Roanoker magazine
- Chambers and Partners ranked Gentry Locke a “Leading Law Firm” in 2017
- Gentry Locke lawyers have consistently been named “Virginia Super Lawyers” or “Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars”
- We are among the fifteen largest law firms in the Commonwealth of Virginia, according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Named as one of the “Greatest Places To Work With A Law Degree” in the United States in a publication by Harcourt Brace
- Our lawyers are consistently named “Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers
- Gentry Locke earns “Best Law Firms” honors for dozens of practices by Best Lawyers in America, which is awarded each year by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Gentry Locke attorneys are consistently noted as “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine
- Working with the Washington & Lee School of Law, we pioneered a semester-long externship program, co-developing a high-level externship program designed to help bridge the transition from student to lawyer in far greater depth than summer programs allow. Gentry Locke piloted the program for the first three years and continues to participate. According to Mary Natkin, the Externship Program Director at Washington & Lee, “It is very unusual for a for-profit firm to direct the amount of resources to mentoring that they did.”