At Gentry Locke, our success comes from the talent and hard work of our lawyers and staff.
Our attorneys are consistently recognized for their excellence as lawyers, whether through selection to membership or fellowships in the American College of Trial Lawyers, American College of Appellate Lawyers, the American College of Trust & Estate Counsel, or being voted as “Best Lawyers in America” or “Legal Elite” by their peers.
The collegial and collaborative work environment we have created and the strong client relationships we have forged have resulted in our firm receiving recognition through the years.
- We were named “Best Law Firm in Southwest Virginia” in 2017 by Virginia Living magazine
- In 2017 Gentry Locke was named “Platinum Best Law Firm” by Roanoker magazine
- Chambers and partners ranked Gentry Locke a “Leading Law Firm” in 2017
- Twenty-seven Gentry Locke attorneys were named “2017 Virginia Super Lawyers” or “Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars”
- We are the second-largest law firm west of Richmond and are among the twenty-five largest law firms in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Named as one of the “Greatest Places To Work With A Law Degree” in the United States in a publication by Harcourt Brace
- Twenty-three of our attorneys were named “2016 Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers
- Gentry Locke earned “2016 Best Law Firms” honors for 26 practices by Best Lawyers in America, which is awarded each year by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- Ten Gentry Locke attorneys were named 2015 “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine
- Twenty-eight Gentry Locke attorneys earned recognition as “2015 Virginia Super Lawyers” and “Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars”
- In 2015, the firm welcomed former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, Cynthia Kinser, as Senior Counsel
- Working with the Washington & Lee School of Law, we pioneered a semester-long externship program, co-developing a high-level externship program designed to help bridge the transition from student to lawyer in far greater depth than summer programs allow. Gentry Locke piloted the program for the first three years and continues to participate. According to Mary Natkin, the Externship Program Director at Washington & Lee, “It is very unusual for a for-profit firm to direct the amount of resources to mentoring that they did.”