Kate Pollard is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Civil Defense Litigation practice groups. Prior to joining the firm as an attorney, Kate worked as a Summer Associate with Gentry Locke before graduating from William & Mary Law School. While in law school, Kate also worked as a Judicial Intern for the Arlington County Circuit Court and at the Legal Aid Society of Eastern Virginia. She also worked for a boutique lobbying firm in Washington D.C.
- Stoplight in hometown (Sewanee, TN)
- Countries visited
- Intramural sports played in college
What is your favorite thing to do when you’re not working with clients?
It sounds cliché, but spending quality time with friends and family, whether on a hiking trail or at one of the many wonderful restaurants and breweries here in Richmond. My family moved here right before I started high school, and I have been enjoying rediscovering the city.
Do you like to travel?
Yes! I love exploring new places. I recently took a trip to Portugal and the island of Madeira where I got to go on some truly spectacular hikes.
People would be surprised to know…
I can name all the countries and their capitals in the world.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Through William and Mary’s Innocence Project Clinic, worked with the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project to conduct legal investigation and research of inmate claims of actual innocence. Drafted FOIAs, conducted interviews, reviewed court pleadings and transcripts, and prepared written summaries and analyses of cases.
- Through the William & Mary Family Law Clinic, represented and advised clients in a variety of cases, including divorce, custody, equitable distribution, and adoption.
- Drafted pleadings, motions, and discovery requests and responses.
- Conducted legal research, analyzed facts, and synthesized findings into memoranda.
- Virginia State Bar