All business transactions involving tangible assets create a potential for risk exposure by reason of environmental laws and regulations at federal, state, and local levels. These risks are shared by both transferor and transferee parties as well as lenders, investors, and beneficiaries. Consequently, Gentry Locke provides legal services to assist in assessing the quantity and quality of transactional risks related to environmental constraints.
Attorneys at Gentry Locke assist clients in the following:
- Assist in the preparation and review of compliance audits and facility site assessments
- Review the histories of the businesses and assets involved in transactions
- Investigate the compliance legacies of parties related to the anticipated transaction
- Collaborate with financial and technical professionals to assess and quantify risk exposure
- Develop strategy for risk management or elimination