Lauren Eells is an attorney in our General Commercial group. Lauren primarily assists individuals, families, business owners and beneficiaries with various estate related matters including extensive planning, wealth preservation techniques, business succession planning and administration. Additionally, Lauren works with closely held businesses assisting with general corporate matters, various commercial transactions and obtaining intellectual property protection. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Lauren worked in-house at SunTrust Mortgage in Richmond.
Sons, including twins
Years practicing at Gentry Locke
National parks visited
Years as a dancer
My favorite part of being a lawyer is...
Learning about my clients and their personal stories. I like having long-term relationships with them, and being entrusted to understand so many different areas and facets of their life. Creating an estate solution so they don’t have to worry about what will happen after they are gone is a great responsibility.
If I wasn’t practicing law…
I would be an interior designer, or a design magazine editor. I love to write and I love meeting people, and putting the whole package together.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.A., cum laude
- Assists individuals with estate planning and administration, and drafts various trust documents related to estate planning
- Assists companies with formation, organization and corporate transactions
- Represents both buyers and sellers of corporate transactions
- Assists closely-held businesses in the transfer of ownership
- Assists companies in developing and implementing plans of liquidation
- Conducts legal research in the areas of corporate, estate and gift taxation
- Board of Directors, Conflict Resolution Center (2012)
- Board of Directors, Virginia Nonprofit Law Center (2017-2018)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association: Member (2012-Present), Board Member (2015-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association