Lauren Eells is an attorney in our General Commercial group. Lauren primarily assists individuals, families, business owners and beneficiaries with various estate related matters including extensive planning, wealth preservation techniques, business succession planning and administration. Additionally, Lauren works with closely held businesses assisting with general corporate matters, various commercial transactions and obtaining intellectual property protection. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Lauren worked in-house at SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. in Richmond.
Identical twin boys
Years practicing at Gentry Locke
National parks to visit with my husband & sons
What do you most enjoy about your work at Gentry Locke?
I am relationship-oriented. In my commercial practice, I am able to work with clients over the long term, which allows me the opportunity to really get to know them and serve their needs based on a mutual trust and understanding.
What advice would you share with people?
Expect the unexpected and make it work!
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, B.A., cum laude, 2007
- University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D. 2010
- Assists individuals with estate planning and administration, and drafts various trust documents related to estate planning
- Assists companies with formation, organization and corporate transactions
- Represents both buyers and sellers of corporate transactions
- Assists closely-held businesses in the transfer of ownership
- Assists companies in developing and implementing plans of liquidation
- Conducts legal research in the areas of corporate, estate and gift taxation
- Board of Directors, Conflict Resolution Center (2012)
- Board of Directors, Virginia Nonprofit Law Center (2017-2018)
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association: Member (2012-Present), Board Member (2015-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association