Bob Evans is a member in the firm’s Plaintiff practice group. Bob’s practice focuses on personal injury, workers compensation, civil litigation, and real estate. Bob has over 40 years of experience. Before joining Gentry Locke, Bob was a sole practitioner in the Lynchburg area for the last 38 years.
- Percent golf rounds I shoot my age
- Hilarious granddaughters, ages 6 and 3
- Favorite vacation spots to visit, Ireland and St. John, USVI
What made you decide to pursue a law career?
I was exposed to law at a very young age. My dad was a Commissioner on the Virginia Workers' Compensation Commission. I attended some of my dad's hearings as a child. Seeing lawyers trying to help their clients made me want to do that as a career.
If you were not practicing law, what would you be doing?
I would most likely be volunteering for nonprofit organizations. I am a supporter of several nonprofits in the Lynchburg area including Greater Lynchburg Community Foundation, Habitat for Humanity, and Jubilee Family Development Center, and would try to assist them in ways beyond donating.
People would be suprised to know...
My son is an ENT surgeon; my daughter was a Jefferson Scholar with a doctorate from Stanford; my daughter in law is a pharmacist; my son in law is a Harvard economist.
- University of Richmond School of Law
- Wake Forest University
- Team member in $14 million settlement in a products liability accident that caused a brain injury and blindness
- Over 40 years handling workers compensation and subrogation cases arising from such injuries
- Appellate rulings establishing new precedents in workers compensation law
- Lynchburg Bar Association, Past President
- Virginia State Bar