Josh Lepchitz is a member in the firm’s Civil Defense Litigation practice group. Josh’s practice focuses on defense litigation, primarily on personal injury and insurance defense. He handles complex cases both in the General District and Circuit Courts throughout the Commonwealth.
Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Josh was an associate at a boutique law firm in Norfolk. He also served as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the city of Norfolk, prosecuting criminal offenses. Josh is a native of Southwest Virginia.
Vinyl records collected
States lived in
Rubber ducks collected (from other Jeep owners)
You like to travel and have lived in 5 states. What are your favorite places?
I have lived in Wyoming, Florida, Colorado, South Carolina, and Virginia. My favorite state of course is Virginia. However, I do love Charleston and love to travel to Europe.
If you had chosen a career other than law, what would you be doing?
I love to cook most anything so I would most likely be a chef. I am big on BBQ, but love all types of food.
What made you decide to pursue a law degree?
My father was a lawyer so I grew up around his practice.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- The College of William & Mary, B.A.
- Defended against multi-million dollar personal injury and premise liability claims
- Handled cases involving complex employment matters, personal injury claims, criminal defenses, and insurance claims
- Prosecuted misdemeanor and felony offenses ranging from traffic infraction appeals to murder while serving as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the city of Norfolk
- Served as a domestic violence prosecutor while serving as Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney for the city of Norfolk
- Member, Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Member, PRISM Society of Young Professionals, Virginia Opera
- Member, Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia