Both criminal and civil laws apply to licensure and permitting issues for construction projects and for regulated industries. Licensing and permitting is a heavily regulated area of the law. Attorneys at Gentry Locke are familiar with the nuances of licensing and permitting, both from a defense and a claims standpoint.
We regularly assist clients with their licensing and permitting needs:
- Advise clients on the requirements of and compliance with Virginia’s contractor licensing statutes and regulations involving the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Represent and defend clients in connection with complaints made to and charges filed by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation’s Board for Contractors
- Counsel clients relating to requirements and processes for obtaining building permits, certificates of occupancy, and other mandated construction-related permits
- Handle issues in civil litigation relating to the absence of proper permits and its impact upon construction disputes
- Counsel clients on license compliance
- Handle license and permit issues before the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (VABC), including defense of alcohol and beverage violation allegations