Gentry Locke Labor & Employment Law Symposia a Hit
“The VOICE of HR” – Gentry Locke’s 2015 Labor & Employment Law Symposium, was a big hit this year. Almost 200 HR professionals and business executives from Virginia and North Carolina attended the Lynchburg or Roanoke events. Gentry Locke attorneys presented updates and practical recommendations on topics including the NLRB, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, OSHA inspections, whistleblower & retaliation claims, key employee departure best practices, employee benefit data security, sexual harassment in the workplace.
Here are some representative comments from attendees:
- This is the most beneficial HR-related training that I attend.
- As busy as our days are, it is not always possible to read all the updates that come out, so it is vital to attend these seminars to get up-to-date!
- I always enjoy the Gentry Locke Symposium. The up-to-date info and energy is terrific. A day away from the office very well spent!
- Presenters seem very knowledgeable and passionate about the topics. Will attend again and recommend to others.
- Really liked the wide variety of topics — very helpful! Presenters were all great — clear, concise, and interesting. I thought it was perfectly orchestrated.
- Excellent seminar! First one I have attended, and it gave me not just information, but reference tools as well. The real life examples were great. We think we understand the law, then find out through examples that it isn’t so cut and dry.
- As always, excellent selection of topic areas. Great information.
- Great topics, great flow, good food. The seminar was exemplary.
- I spent my birthday away from the office with an amazing group of professionals. This is my second year attending and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The topics cover what we encounter day-to-day.
- Timely topics — hot issues! Liked the program, materials and organization.
- Thank you for having a sense of humor about typically dry topics. Not only does that help with retention of the important stuff, it keeps us engaged and looking forward to next year.
- Very helpful to me, being new to the HR field. I will be back!
- The topics and information were very informative and practical.
- Each presenter did a great job presenting their topics. Very knowledgeable and did well interacting with the crowd.
For more information about the topics or to speak with the presenters, click on the names associated at right.