Patrice Lewis serves as our Government Affairs Manager, using data and strategy to help clients achieve their legal, policy, and communications goals. Patrice’s eclectic background fuses law with policy and communications. She recently served as a strategic marketing and communications consultant for senior advisor for SIR, Inc. located in Richmond, VA. Prior to her time at SIR, she worked as an outreach representative for Senator Mark R. Warner, serving Central and South Central Virginia, and as the legislative assistant to former Delegate Onzlee Ware. Patrice is a native of Roanoke, Virginia. She received her undergraduate degree in sociology from the University of Virginia and her law degree from Regent University School of Law. Patrice is also licensed to practice law in Maryland.
Number of half marathons run
Times I've seen Coming to America, Grease, and Dirty Dancing
Years played the trumpet
Did you ever consider a different career path besides law?
Prior to deciding to go into law, when I was five, I dreamed of being an actress. I have a gift for the theatrics when I’m comfortable, and I believed I had this larger than life personality. That dream ended when I realized that actors struggled to get money, and I assumed lawyers made money quickly. I grew to appreciate the profession for what it is.
Who were your influences for pursuing a law degree?
First and foremost, my uncle. Seeing him become a judge and seeing how he lived had a huge impact on me. Additionally, Thurgood Marshall and Claire Huxtable were major influences. I was glad to see people like me be successful and break barriers. Plus, Claire was fly, and that’s how I envisioned myself.
What made you decide to play the trumpet?
Dizzy Gillespie was my influence to wanting to play the trumpet. It was definitely the cheeks that drew me in, but the sounds kept me. I come from a musical family, so it made sense to go into music, but being the unicorn that I am, I created my own path and decided to try the trumpet. I absolutely loved playing, and I wasn’t too bad at it either.
- Regent University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Serves as Senior Advisor at Southeastern Institute of Research
- Works as an Adjunct Professor of Research Methodologies at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Represented U.S. Senator Mark Warner at the United States Senate as an Outreach Representative
- Worked as a Legislative Assistant for Delegate Onzlee Ware, 11th District
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair, Public Relations Society of America – Richmond Chapter
- Past Board Member, Brown Virginia
- Past Member, Government Affairs Committee, Chamber RVA Chesterfield County
- Past Member, Civic Engagement Committee, Urban League of Greater Richmond’s Young Professional Network