Jeffrey Southard is a member of the firm’s Construction practice group. Jeff brings over 20 years of experience in the transportation and construction industries with great knowledge into the business, advocacy, and government regulatory affairs sectors. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Jeff spent 15 years with the Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance and served as the Executive Vice President. He also spent five years with the Virginia Department of Transportation.
Jeff is a graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law and earned his Bachelor of Arts and Master of Education from the University of Virginia.
Trophies won showing antique cars
You have traveled to some amazing places. What are a few of your favorite places that you have visited?
Visiting the Soviet Union was my favorite. I was able to go during the Cold War. While it was under a repressive regime, I was amazed at how kind the people were. The history and culture were just fascinating.
How did you get into showing antique cars?
I had an uncle who was into antique cars. He got me into it and when he passed, I continued the tradition of showing his 1932 Chevrolet Cabriolet. I finished restoring it and drove it to law school.
People would be surprised to know...
I used to build and race flat bottom hydro drag racing boats.
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, M.Ed.
- University of Virginia, B.A.
- Developed and implemented environmental compliance programs
- Developed, implemented, and managed transportation construction claims resolution process
- Represented a variety of clients on legislative and regulatory issues before state agencies and legislatures in Virginia
- Managed business development planning and mergers and acquisitions for a Fortune 200 company
- Developed and implemented corporate public and community affairs programs
- Represented the transportation construction industries on regulatory and legislative issues in Virginia
- Virginia State Bar