Gentry Locke serves clients in the region with our litigation and trial experience for matters relating to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Lawyers for these matters practice in Labor and Employment, Employee Benefits, and Commercial Litigation groups. Our litigation capabilities are enhanced by our broad ERISA, tax, and securities knowledge, and experience with retirement and welfare benefit plans, service contracts and plan administration.
We defend employers and insurers against the following claims and matters:
- Denial of retirement, health, life, disability, and severance benefits
- Alleged breaches of fiduciary duty
- Alleged misrepresentation regarding benefits
- Arbitrating benefits claims, including shutdown benefits, controversies regarding multi-employer plan issues and contributions
- Litigation and NLRB charges relating to benefits issues
- Defense of equal employment claims against both employers and insurers, including claims of alleged discrimination in benefit terms under the ADA and ADEA