Gentry Locke attorneys have significant experience in tax-exempt financing. Depending on the transaction, we are engaged to serve as bond counsel, issuer counsel, trustee’s counsel, underwriter’s or bond purchaser’s counsel. We also serve as Virginia counsel in multi-state secured loan transaction for lenders in other states, including the issuance of legal opinions and other local issues related to perfection of security interests in collateral.
There are many ways in which we can assist clients with financing transactions:
- Assist borrowers, lenders and other capital providers and investors in all aspects of financing
- Provide representation with conventional secured and unsecured loan facilities, revolving lines of credit, asset based loans, letters of credit, real estate and construction financing, and participations and syndications among multiple lenders
- Serve as counsel in structuring and negotiating transactions involving mezzanine debt and private equity
- Negotiation and efficient preparation of bond and loan documents
- Assistance with internal revenue service filings
- Preparation of private placement memoranda and issuance of bond opinions