Jon Puvak assists businesses, business owners, lenders, and governmental entities with corporate matters, commercial transactions, employee benefits, tax, and real estate matters. Before attending law school, Jon gained corporate and real estate development experience by working with NVR Inc., one of the nation’s largest homebuilders.
Years playing competitive soccer
Favorite vacation spot…Hawaii
When you leave the office at the end of the day, what do you like to do?
Race home to see my wife and two young sons. They are both usually still full of energy when I arrive home!
What essential life lesson will you teach your sons?
Manners. Be polite and respectful to everyone you encounter.
What makes you unique?
Not only am I a twin, but my twin brother is also an attorney, and his daughter and my son were born on the same day! It was an exciting surprise for us all.
- College of William and Mary, Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D. 2011
- Bridgewater College, B.A. summa cum laude, 2004
Business & Corporate
- Represented businesses in negotiation, preparation, and closing of asset and stock mergers and acquisitions
- Represented corporate clients in corporate governance matters
- Represented individuals with new business entity formation and succession planning
- Represented lenders and borrowers with lending and refinancing transactions
- Represented parties in the drafting of complex domestic and international contracts
- Represented businesses in the design, implementation, and operation of retirement plans and executive compensation plans
Real Estate/Land Use/Municipal & Local Government
- Represented businesses and individual clients in real property transactions
- Represented local governments and authorities in land use and environmental matters
- Assisted clients in obtaining land use approvals and appeared before Planning Commissions, Board of Supervisors, County Boards, City Councils, and Boards of Zoning Appeals
- Guided developers through the zoning entitlement process and coordinated with architects, engineers, and other consultants
- Conducted feasibility and due diligence analyses for commercial real estate transactions
- Chamber Ambassador, Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce (2016-Present)
- Member, Virginia State Bar: Young Lawyers Division (2011-Present); Past Chair, Roanoke, Professional Development Conference; VSB Young Lawyers Conference (2016-Present); Member, VSB Communications Committee (2016-2018); Member, VSB Standing Committee on Professionalism (2018-2021)
- Member, American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division (2011-Present); Past Chair, Young Lawyers Division CLE Committee (2016-2018)
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association (2014-Present); Barrister Book Buddy (2015-Present)
- Firm Campaign Chair, United Way of Roanoke Valley (2015-2017)
- Graduate of Leadership Arlington, Young Professionals Program (2013)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (2011-2015)
- Note, Executive Branch Czars, Who are They? Are They Needed? Can/Should Congress do Anything About These Czars?, 19 WM. & MARY BILL RTS. J. 4 (2011).
Case StudiesThe results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.
Approval for Eight Special Use Permits will Improve Wireless Communications in Montgomery County The results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.Case Studies