23 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named to 2016 “Best Lawyers in America”
ROANOKE, VA (August 17, 2015) – Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that twenty-three of its attorneys have been named 2016 “Best Lawyers in America” by Best Lawyers.
The “Best Lawyers in America” honor reflects exceptionally high marks – for talent, accomplishments and integrity – and is the product of a rigorous peer-review evaluation process conducted by Best Lawyers each year. The “Best Lawyers in America” commendation testifies to the respect earned by these practitioners from leading lawyers in that same practice within each community.
In addition to the honors listed below, a special honor was given to Anthony M. Russell, who received the 2016 “Roanoke Lawyer of the Year” award for his Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs work.
Gentry Locke attorneys who have merited 2016 “Best Lawyers in America” honors, as identified by practice area, are:
- Rudy Austin: Person Injury Litigation – Defendants
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr.: Corporate Compliance Law; Criminal Defense – White-Collar
- Matthew W. Broughton: Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs
- Franklin Flippin: Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- William Gust: Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Tax Law
- Gregory J. Haley: Commercial Litigation; Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law; Government Relations Practice; Litigation – Land Use and Zoning; Litigation – Municipal
- Guy M. Harbert III: Insurance Law
- Kevin W. Holt: Commercial Litigation
- Paul G. Klockenbrink: Employee Law – Management; Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Todd A. Leeson: Labor Law – Management; Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Brett Marston: Construction Law; Litigation – Construction
- Monica T. Monday: Appellate Law
- S.D. Roberts Moore: Personal Injury Litigations – Defendant; Personal Injury Litigations – Plaintiffs
- David Paxton: Employment Law – Individuals; Employment Law – Management; Labor Law – Management; Litigation – Labor & Employment
- Glenn W. Pulley: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants
- William R. Rakes: Antitrust Law; Appellate Practice; Banking & Finance Law; Bet-the-Company Litigation; Commercial Litigation; Corporate Law; Financial Services Regulation Law; Litigation – Banking & Finance; Litigation – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Anthony M. Russell: 2016 “Roanoke Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs. Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs; Personal Injury Litigations – Plaintiffs; Product Liability Litigations – Plaintiffs
- Scott Sexton: Commercial Litigation; Oil & Gas Law
- Bruce C. Stockburger: Leveraged Buyouts & Private Equity Law; Tax Law; Trusted & Estates
- Charles L. Williams, Jr.: Environmental Law
- Clark H. Worthy: Real Estate Law
- Kathleen L. Wright: Litigation – Municipal
Gentry Locke congratulates these attorneys for their contributions to our clients and our region.
With more than 50 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep resources to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations, and individuals—a commitment we’ve met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke and Lynchburg, Va., Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the U.S., as well as worldwide as a member firm of the ALFA International Legal Network. Meet our dynamic attorneys and learn more about our fierce drive to achieve success for our clients at www.gentrylocke.com.