28 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 28 of the firm’s attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers® list, a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in several legal practice areas, including civil litigation, appellate law, criminal defense, business litigation, business/corporate law, construction litigation, employment & labor law and litigation, personal injury, professional liability, and tax law.
Of those selected, 17 of the firm’s attorneys are from the Roanoke and Lynchburg offices and were named as Virginia Super Lawyers, while 11 attorneys were selected as Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars—attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
New to Super Lawyers this year from the firm are Rising Stars Andrew D. Finnicum, Daniel R. Sullivan and John Reed Thomas, Jr.
Partner K. Brett Marston, who is regularly honored for Construction Law, was featured on the cover of Virginia Super Lawyers magazine. A feature story on him appears on page 10 of the magazine. Marston was named to the “Top Ten” list for Virginia. Monica Monday, Managing Partner, appears on the “Top 50 Women” list. Both Marston and Monday appear in the “Top 100” list for the Commonwealth.
Super Lawyers, which distinguishes the top 5 percent of attorneys in each state in more than 70 practice areas, recognizes those who have attained significant peer recognition and professional achievement.
2017 Virginia Super Lawyers:
- J. Rudy Austin (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. (Criminal Defense: White Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- W. William Gust (Tax)
- Gregory J. Haley (Business Litigation)
- Guy M. Harbert, III (Personal Injury: Defense)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink (Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Todd A. Leeson (Employment & Labor)
- K. Brett Marston (Construction Litigation)
- Monica T. Monday (Appellate)
- S.D. Roberts Moore (Professional Liability: Plaintiff)
- W. David Paxton (Employment & Labor)
- Glenn W. Pulley (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- William R. Rakes (Business Litigation)
- Anthony M. Russell (Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff)
- J. Scott Sexton (Business Litigation)
- Bruce C. Stockburger (Business/Corporate)
2017 Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars:
- Les S. Bowers (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- Benjamin D. Byrd (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- Christen C. Church (Business/Corporate)
- Lindsey A. Coley (Employment & Labor)
- Michael J. Finney (Business Litigation)
- Andrew D. Finnicum (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- Catherine J. Huff (Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Abigail E. Murchison (Business Litigation)
- Daniel R. Sullivan (Business Litigation)
- John Reed Thomas, Jr. (Employment Litigation: Plaintiff)
- Spencer M. Wiegard (Construction Litigation)
About Gentry Locke
With more than 55 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke and Lynchburg, Va., Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the U.S., as well as worldwide as a member firm of the ALFA International Legal Network. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring this website.