Well-suited to meet the needs of closely held businesses.
Virginia businesses—large and small—count on the knowledgeable attorneys and far-reaching resources of Gentry Locke. We are known throughout the region for our diverse business practice. Group Chair Bill Gust and his team have considerable experience helping clients navigate the nuances and challenges that confront businesses, including issues relating to state and federal taxes, state and federal regulations, and complex financial transactions.
The range of Gentry Locke’s practice supports the business lifecycle—from formation to capitalization and operation. Where necessary, we can also help a company through reorganization, succession, or sale. We begin by gaining a thorough understanding of our client’s business in the context of competition, paying special attention to short-term and long-term business goals.
Always sticklers for thoughtful planning, clear communication, and aggressive advocacy, we form strong bonds and long-term relationships with our business clients.
Our attorneys take pride in delivering individualized service, focusing on accessibility and responsiveness. Our legal solutions range from the practical to the highly innovative, and all are geared to enable our business clients to compete, thrive, evolve, and more fully enjoy the fruits of their labor.
We encourage you to review our Business attorneys’ personal pages for additional information and then contact us to discuss your company’s legal needs.
Change is inevitable. Having the right agreements in place can protect a business from difficult, expensive and unexpected consequences.
The legal services provided by our business attorneys address the following issues:
- Succession planning
- Preparation and review of buy/sell and shareholder agreements
- Coordination with professional service providers such as insurance agencies, appraisers, and accountants
- Employee Stock Option Plan trust transactions (ESOPs)
- Investment strategies
- Benefits consulting
- Stock strategy and management
- Tax-efficient investing
- Estate and trust planning
Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement
Regulatory compliance is crucial for a diverse array of industries.
Attention to detail and real-world experience can be key to success, whether for securities and financial transactions, real estate and land use, employment, health care entities, corporations, or educational institutions. The lawyers at Gentry Locke are adept at advising clients, strategizing, and ensuring that the proper groundwork and follow-through are in place, so our clients can focus on attaining their goals.
We help our clients comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations in a variety of contexts, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Franchise and securities transactions
- EEOC and employment regulations
- Environmental regulations and renewal of previously contaminated land (brownfields)
- Insurance agency sales laws and regulations
- Zoning, land use and development
- Health care, physician practices, and hospital to physician transactions
- Educational institutions
- Retail and manufacturing implications of the Firearms Act (NFA), Gun Control Act (GCA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
We encourage you to review our Regulatory Compliance & Enforcement Practice Group attorneys’ personal pages for additional information and then contact us to discuss your company’s legal needs.Have questions? Contact us.