Jared Tuck is a member of the firm’s Plaintiff group where he focuses his practice on personal injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice matters. Prior to joining the firm as an attorney, Jared spent two summers working as a Summer Associate with Gentry Locke. He also worked as a Summer Associate at a law firm in Norfolk, Virginia, as well as a Legal Intern at the Wythe County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office.
Jared earned his J.D. summa cum laude from William & Mary Law School, where he belonged to the Order of the Coif, the William & Mary Law Review, the William & Mary National Trial Team, and was voted by his classmates as “the person you wouldn’t want to go up against in court.” As a native of Southwest Virginia who has dreamed of becoming a trial lawyer, Jared looks forward to representing injured members of his community.
Number of fish caught
You have your own YouTube channel. Tell us about it.
My YouTube channel is all about my fishing adventures. I love to be outdoors and go fishing in my free time, so I thought why not start recording my experiences and sharing them with others. I grew up close to the New River in Wythe County, Virginia. As a kid, my brother and dad would take me smallmouth bass, walleye, muskie, and trout fishing. Fishing is also a hobby that runs in my family. My grandpa was a fisherman, and the hobby has passed down to my dad, brother, sister, me, and my nephews and nieces. Even my wife likes to fish.
If you could take a trip tomorrow, where would you go?
I would go to the Amazon River in Brazil to fish for peacock bass. Peacock bass are super strong, colorful, and perhaps the coolest freshwater fish on the planet. I have caught peacock bass in South Florida, but I hear that those are nothing like the ones in the Amazon River.
Who or what inspired you to become a lawyer?
I enrolled in a business law course in high school that was taught by a retired lawyer from New York. His class was very challenging, but also very interesting. He expected his students to learn the material, and he pushed us to work harder than we had in our other classes. It was obvious from his teaching that he had a fulfilling career and enjoyed his work. That is when I knew I wanted to become a lawyer, and I have never looked back.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D., summa cum laude
- Emory & Henry College, B.A., summa cum laude
- Drafted complaints, discovery requests, motions, proposed orders, and other court documents in personal injury and commercial litigation cases.
- Conducted legal research and drafted memoranda on a variety of legal issues in personal injury and commercial litigation matters.
- While a law student in William & Mary’s Family Law Clinic, successfully tried and defended a child custody case, whereby the court granted a motion to strike the evidence.
- While a law student in William & Mary’s Veterans Benefits Clinic, represented disabled veterans by drafting documents and gathering evidence for their disability claims with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Member, Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA)
- Virginia State Bar
- Order of the Coif (2022)
- CALI Awards: Products Liability, Legal Research & Writing I, Legal Research & Writing II, Trust & Estates, Criminal Procedure I, Criminal Procedure II, and Employment Discrimination
- Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Clinic Student Award (2022)
- Gambrell Professionalism Award (2022)
Jared A. Tuck, Note, The Constitutional Right to Carry Firearms on Campus, 63 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 1047 (2022).