Dave Gibson is a Partner in Gentry Locke’s Litigation practice group, representing businesses and individuals in complex and multi-party litigation. He regularly handles commercial matters and catastrophic injury cases. Dave’s clients include parties in federal and state courts throughout Virginia and across the country.
NCAA Lacrosse Championship team captain
Day at a time…my philosophy
If I weren't practicing law...
I would retire and move to the beach. I love being on the water and always look forward to my family’s annual vacation to Bald Head Island off the coast of North Carolina.
What is the most important step in your morning routine that you never skip?
I work out!
What’s on your bucket list?
I enjoy the water, so learning to scuba dive is something I would like to do.
- Roanoke College, B.A. 1992
- University of Akron, J.D. 1996
- $2,000,000+ settlement in traumatic brain injury action
- $1,500,000 jury verdict for corporation in suit against former executive and competitor for illegal business practices and theft of trade secrets
- $1,200,000 jury verdict for plaintiff who suffered spinal fracture in tractor-trailer collision
- $1,000,000+ jury verdict for natural gas supplier in construction case against general contractor
- Successfully defended fortune 500 company in $20,000,000+ breach of contract action through 2 trials in the U.S. District Court and 2 appeals to Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in ASR Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana in Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas in DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc. Pinnacle Hip Implant product liability litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota in Stryker Rejuvenate and ABGII Modular Hip Implant litigation
- Represent plaintiffs in the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in New England Compounding Pharmacy, Inc. product liability litigation
- Fen-Phen class action settlement
- Successfully defended director/officer of large coal corporation in multi-million dollar adversarial proceeding following Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing
- Represented senior secured lender in complex workout of multi-million dollar loan default
- Represent major supplier of products and services to the rail industry in North America
- Represent plaintiffs in personal injury, medical malpractice, and legal malpractice actions
- Defended manufacturer of transmission in traumatic amputation products liability action obtaining favorable settlement
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, The Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Roanoke Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Litigation Section, American Bar Association
- “Largest Verdicts in Virginia”, as recognized by Virginia Lawyers Weekly (2003, 2006)
- “The Business Invitor’s Duty of Care to Protect Its Invitees from the Criminal Acts of Third Parties”, The Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XIII, No. 4, Winter 2001-2002, Published Quarterly by the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys.
Case StudiesThe results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.
Settlement for Permanent Paralysis Following Wisdom Tooth Removal The results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.Case Studies
Medical Hardship Ignored by Physician Results in $300,000+ Award The results of client matters depend on a variety of factors unique to each matter. Past successes do not predict or guarantee future successes.Case Studies