27 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
ROANOKE, Va. (April 17, 2018) – Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 27 of the firm’s attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers® list, a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in several legal practice areas, including civil litigation, appellate law, criminal defense, business litigation, business/corporate law, construction litigation, land use and zoning, employment & labor law and litigation, personal injury, professional liability, and tax law.
Of those selected, 17 of the firm’s attorneys from the Roanoke and Lynchburg offices were named as Virginia Super Lawyers, while 10 attorneys were selected as Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars—attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or less.
New to Super Lawyers this year from the firm are Rising Stars Justin M. Lugar and Jonathan D. Puvak.
Managing Partner Monica Taylor Monday was included on the “Top 50 Women” list for Virginia. She was also named to the “Top 100” list along with partner K. Brett Marston.
Super Lawyers, which distinguishes the top 5 percent of attorneys in each state in more than 70 practice areas, recognizes those who have attained significant peer recognition and professional achievement.
2018 Virginia Super Lawyers:
- J. Rudy Austin (Civil Litigation: Defense)
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. (Criminal Defense: White Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- W. William Gust (Tax)
- Gregory D. Habeeb (Business Litigation)
- Gregory J. Haley (Business Litigation)
- Guy M. Harbert, III (Personal Injury General: Defense)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink (Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Todd A. Leeson (Employment & Labor)
- K. Brett Marston (Construction Litigation)
- Monica Taylor Monday (Appellate)
- W. David Paxton (Employment & Labor)
- Glenn W. Pulley (Business Litigation)
- William R. Rakes (Business Litigation)
- J. Scott Sexton (Business Litigation)
- Bruce C. Stockburger (Business/Corporate)
2018 Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars:
- Benjamin D. Byrd (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- Christen C. Church (Business/Corporate)
- Michael J. Finney (Business Litigation)
- Andrew D. Finnicum (Personal Injury General: Plaintiff)
- Catherine J. Huff (Employment Litigation: Defense)
- Justin M. Lugar (Criminal Defense: White Collar)
- Jonathan D. Puvak (Land Use/Zoning)
- Daniel R. Sullivan (Business Litigation)
- John Reed Thomas, Jr. (Civil Litigation: Plaintiff)
- Spencer M. Wiegard (Construction Litigation)
About Gentry Locke
With more than 55 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke and Lynchburg, Va., Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the U.S., as well as worldwide as a member firm of the ALFA International Legal Network. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring this website.