20 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named to 2019 “Best Lawyers in America®”
Powell M. (Nick) Leitch, III Selected for ‘Lawyer of the Year’ Award
ROANOKE, Va. (August 15, 2018) – The Virginia law firm of Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 20 of the firm’s attorneys were selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2019 edition), a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in numerous legal practice areas, including appellate, banking and finance law, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, criminal defense, employment law, insurance law, medical malpractice law, real estate law, tax law, trusts and estates, and others.
In addition, Powell M. (Nick) Leitch, III was recognized with Best Lawyers 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” award in Roanoke – for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants. Leitch practiced on the defense side prior to joining Gentry Locke in 2018, where he now utilizes his defense experience to benefit Medical Malpractice plaintiff clients.
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for recognition in Best Lawyers, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain in each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be recognized by Best Lawyers.
Attorneys listed for 2019 include:
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. (Corporate Compliance Law, Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- G. Franklin Flippin (Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- W. William Gust (Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law)
- Gregory J. Haley (Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal)
- Guy M. Harbert, III (Insurance Law)
- Kevin Walker Holt (Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink (Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Todd A. Leeson (Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Powell M. (Nick) Leitch, III (Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants)
- K. Brett Marston (Construction Law, Litigation – Construction)
- Monica Taylor Monday (Appellate Practice)
- W. David Paxton (Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Glenn W. Pulley (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- William R. Rakes (Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions)
- J. Scott Sexton (Commercial Litigation, Oil and Gas Law)
- Bruce C. Stockburger (Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Charles L. Williams (Environmental Law)
- Clark H. Worthy (Real Estate Law)
- Kathleen L. Wright (Litigation – Municipal)
About Gentry Locke
With more than 55 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke and Lynchburg, Va., Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the U.S., as well as worldwide as a member firm of the ALFA International Legal Network. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring this website.