Chris Kozlowski is an Associate in our General Commercial practice group. Chris focuses on advising clients in mergers and acquisitions, financings, bank regulatory matters, reporting requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission and securities offerings. Chris also advises developers and investors in tax credit financings, including state and federal historic rehabilitation tax credits and new markets tax credits. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Chris practiced in Stamford, Connecticut. Chris is licensed to practice in Virginia and Connecticut.
Older home we are renovating
Lawyers in marriage
States where I’ve lived
Had you chosen a career other than law, what do you think you might be doing today?
Finance or Accounting.
How do you and your wife spend your free time?
We like to play tennis and basketball, walk our dog, and hike. We recently bought an older home that we are fixing up. It’s a lot of work!
What is a step in your morning routine that you never skip?
SportsCenter. I watch it every morning to catch all the scores, especially the Carolina Tar Heels and NY Mets.
Where would you go hiking if you could leave tomorrow?
Alaska and Yosemite!
- Fordham University, B.S. 2009
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2012
- Advises banks on mergers and acquisitions
- Assists banks with regulatory matters, including Federal Reserve, OCC and SCC requirements
- Represents banks as issuers and investors in securities offerings
- Represents banks and borrowers in commercial lending transactions
Tax Credit Financing
- Represents clients in transactions involving federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits
- Represents clients in new markets tax credits and “twinning” transactions
- Advises entities as general outside counsel
- Represents business clients on both the buy-side and sell-side in mergers and acquisitions
- Represents clients before the IRS in tax controversies
- Virginia State Bar (2013-Present)
- The Virginia Bar Association (2013-Present)