Chris Kozlowski is a Partner in our General Commercial practice group. Chris focuses on advising clients in mergers and acquisitions, financings, state and federal tax matters, bank regulatory matters, reporting requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission and securities offerings. Chris also advises developers and investors in tax credit financings, including state and federal historic rehabilitation tax credits and new markets tax credits. Prior to joining Gentry Locke, Chris practiced in Stamford, Connecticut. Chris is licensed to practice in Virginia and Connecticut.
Acres on farm where I live
Pets: 3 dogs, 1 horse, 1 cat
College sports played: football, track & field
If I wasn’t practicing law…
I would make my farm a working farm. I love working with my hands to see the physical results of labor. It offers immediate gratification.
Why I love being a lawyer…
I like looking for ways to bring people together rather than drive them apart. I try to be as business-minded as possible, and I stay aware of technicalities as well as personalities in an effort to make the lives of my clients easier.
- Fordham University, B.S. 2009
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2012
- Advises banks on mergers and acquisitions
- Assists banks with regulatory matters, including Federal Reserve, OCC and SCC requirements
- Represents banks as issuers and investors in securities offerings
- Represents banks and borrowers in commercial lending transactions
Tax Credit Financing
- Represents clients in transactions involving federal and state historic rehabilitation tax credits
- Represents clients in new markets tax credits and “twinning” transactions
- Advises entities as general outside counsel
- Represents business clients on both the buy-side and sell-side in mergers and acquisitions
- Represents clients before the IRS in tax controversies
- Virginia State Bar (2013-Present)
- The Virginia Bar Association (2013-Present)