21 Gentry Locke Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America®
ROANOKE, Va. (August 15, 2017) – The Virginia law firm of Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 21 of the firm’s attorneys were selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (2018 edition), a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in several legal practice areas, including appellate practice, banking and finance law, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, criminal defense, employment law, insurance law, medical malpractice law, tax law, trusts and estates, and more.
Of the firm attorneys listed in the Best Lawyers in America, six have been on the list for at least 20 years.
The 2018 Best Lawyers in America list is based on more than 7.4 million evaluations and recognizes more than 58,000 attorneys in 140 practice areas. In its 24th edition, Best Lawyers in America highlights the top 5% of practicing attorneys in the US.
Attorneys listed include:
- J. Rudy Austin (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr. (Corporate Compliance Law, Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- G. Franklin Flippin (Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- W. William Gust (Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law)
- Gregory J. Haley (Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal)
- Guy M. Harbert, III (Insurance Law)
- Kevin W. Holt (Commercial Litigation)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink (Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Todd A. Leeson (Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- K. Brett Marston (Construction Law, Litigation – Construction)
- Monica T. Monday (Appellate Practice)
- S.D. Roberts Moore (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- W. David Paxton (Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Glenn W. Pulley (Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- William R. Rakes (Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions)
- J. Scott Sexton (Commercial Litigation, Oil and Gas Law)
- Bruce C. Stockburger (Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Charles L. Williams, Jr. (Environmental Law)
- Clark H. Worthy (Real Estate Law)
- Kathleen L. Wright (Litigation – Municipal)
About Gentry Locke
With more than 55 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke and Lynchburg, Va., Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the U.S., as well as worldwide as a member firm of the ALFA International Legal Network. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring this website.
About Best Lawyers
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer review evaluation. Over 83,000 leading attorneys globally are eligible to vote, and we have received more than 13 million votes to date on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2017 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, 7.3 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in almost 55,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”