22 Gentry Locke Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021
Harbert, Gust, and Paxton Selected for “Lawyer of the Year” Awards
ROANOKE, Va. (August 20, 2020 ) – The Virginia law firm of Gentry Locke is pleased to announce that 22 of the firm’s attorneys were recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021, a national legal ranking. Attorneys were nominated by their peers and recognized for their outstanding professional achievement in numerous legal practice areas, including appellate, banking and finance law, bet-the-company litigation, commercial litigation, criminal defense, employment law, insurance law, medical malpractice law, real estate law, tax law, trusts and estates, and others.
In addition, Guy M. Harbert III (Insurance Law), W. William Gust (Benefits (ERISA) Law), and W. David Paxton (Employment Law – Individuals) were recognized with Best Lawyers 2021 “Lawyer of the Year” awards in Roanoke.
In its inaugural year, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognized D. Scott Foster, Jr. (Corporate Law, Land Use and Zoning Law), Jeffrey P. Miller (Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Transportation Law), Kirk M. Sosebee (Commercial Litigation), and Scott A. Stephenson (Commercial Litigation).
Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation in which tens of thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for recognition in Best Lawyers, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain in each edition. Lawyers are not permitted to pay any fee to participate in or be recognized by Best Lawyers®.
Gentry Locke attorneys listed for 2021 include:
- Thomas J. Bondurant, Jr.(Corporate Compliance Law, Criminal Defense: White-Collar)
- Matthew W. Broughton(Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- William E. Callahan, Jr. (Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Litigation – Bankruptcy)
- Michael J. Finney (Commercial Litigation)
- Franklin Flippin(Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law)
- William Gust(Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Tax Law)
- Gregory J. Haley(Commercial Litigation, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Government Relations Practice, Litigation – Land Use and Zoning, Litigation – Municipal)
- Guy M. Harbert, III(Insurance Law)
- Kevin Walker Holt(Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Paul G. Klockenbrink(Employment Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Todd A. Leeson(Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Powell M. (Nick) Leitch, III(Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants)
- Brett Marston(Construction Law, Litigation – Construction)
- Monica Taylor Monday(Appellate Practice)
- David Paxton(Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment)
- Glenn W. Pulley(Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants)
- William R. Rakes(Antitrust Law, Appellate Practice, Banking and Finance Law, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Law, Financial Services Regulation Law, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions)
- Scott Sexton(Commercial Litigation, Oil and Gas Law)
- Bruce C. Stockburger(Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates)
- Charles L. Williams(Environmental Law)
- Clark H. Worthy(Real Estate Law)
- Kathleen L. Wright(Litigation – Municipal)
About Gentry Locke
With more than 60 lawyers practicing across a range of disciplines, Gentry Locke brings uncommon thinking and deep experience to the legal and business challenges of companies, institutions, organizations and individuals—a commitment the firm has met since 1923. Operating from offices in Roanoke, Lynchburg, and Richmond, Virginia, Gentry Locke serves clients in Virginia and across the United States. Meet the firm’s dynamic attorneys and learn more about its fierce drive to achieve success for its clients by exploring www.gentrylocke.com.