Julie Perry practices in the area of plaintiff’s personal injury. She has been representing plaintiffs primarily in medical malpractice actions for over twenty years. Julie is also experienced in the field of alternative dispute resolution, and she serves as a mediator or arbitrator in a wide variety of litigated matters.
My favorite part of being a lawyer…
The Law is so interesting that it keeps me engaged every single day. I am a lawyer for several reasons, the first being that I only ever wanted to be a lawyer -- luckily it has worked out! I find the work mentally engaging and fascinating, which is important to me. I also think it is very important to be a professional woman, because I want to be a good example for my daughter. She is a teenager and, like all women, can be whatever she wants to be. It is very important to me that she realizes that.
People would be surprised to know...
I just love to travel. In 2018 I returned from a trip to London, Paris, Rome and Florence, and then booked a trip to Greece, Italy and Spain. I love going where the culture is different from ours. Russia is on my bucket list.
Do you have a life lesson you live by?
“You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.” It’s just not that hard to be nice!
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D.
- East Carolina University, B.S.
- Represented plaintiffs in medical malpractice cases with settlement or verdicts in favor of the plaintiff in excess of several million dollars
- Represented plaintiffs in personal injury and products liability actions
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in court settlements throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Served as a mediator and arbitrator in many types of litigated matters
- Represented the defendants as a public defender in the Office of Public Defender Roanoke, Virginia