Julie Perry practices in the area of plaintiff’s personal injury. She has been representing plaintiffs primarily in medical malpractice actions for over twenty years. Julie is also experienced in the field of alternative dispute resolution, and she serves as a mediator or arbitrator in a wide variety of litigated matters.
Months lived in Europe & Africa
Did you have other career aspirations before you chose law?
I always wanted to go to law school as far back as I can remember. I love art – pop art, in particular – so I pursued an art history minor in college. My favorite artist is Lichtenstein, for his tongue-in-cheek humor and edginess.
Do you have a life lesson you live by?
“You attract more flies with honey than vinegar.” It’s just not that hard to be nice!
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D. 1986
- East Carolina University, B.S. 1983
- Represented plaintiffs in medical malpractice cases with settlement or verdicts in favor of the plaintiff in excess of $1,000,000
- Represented plaintiffs in personal injury and products liability actions
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in settle court throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Served as a mediator and arbitrator in many types of litigated matters
- Represented the defendants as a public defender in the Office of Public Defender Roanoke, Virginia