Nia White is a member of the firm’s Civil Defense Litigation practice group. Nia represents clients in Virginia’s state and federal courts across a wide variety of practice areas, including employment, transportation, and business disputes.
Nia earned her J.D. from the William & Mary Law School and her B.A. from Virginia Commonwealth University. While in law school, she wrote for the William & Mary Journal of Race, Gender and Social Justice and was honored as a McGlothlin Scholars Program, a PracticePro 1L Diversity Scholar, and represented clients in the William & Mary Law School Family Law Clinic.
Art exhibits featured in
Trips to Louisianna
Times I've watched the Parent Trap movie
What is your favorite thing to do when you're not working with clients?
I enjoy cooking, eating, and learning about food. Food tells such a rich story about who we are and that world around us. I also love exploring the trails around Richmond.
What's on your bucket list?
I would love to see the Northern Lights.
If you had chosen a career other than law, what would you be doing?
If I wasn't a lawyer, I would be a food writer and researcher.
- William & Mary Law School, J.D.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, B.A., summa cum laude
- Represented and advised national and international corporations in civil litigation matters including premises liability and insurance defense
- Obtained defense verdict by successfully defending a claim for a motor vehicle accident case where both liability and damages were at issue
- Drafted successful motion to dismiss in the Western District of Virginia on behalf of a global retailer facing claims of Title IX discrimination claims
- Drafted successful demurrer on behalf of a global retailer facing negligent retention, respondent superior liability, and gross negligence claims
- On behalf of a global retailer facing breach of contract claim, drafted a plea in bar as to statute of limitations
- Vice Chair, Young Lawyers Division, Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia State Bar
- McGlothlin Scholars Program
- PracticePro 1L Diversity Scholar