Outdoor advertising sign (billboard) law is a specialized area of practice requiring knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Through representation of Virginia’s major statewide outdoor advertising association, Gentry Locke partner Chip Dicks has helped write the legislation passed by the Virginia General Assembly affecting the regulation of billboards by the Virginia Department of Transportation (“VDOT”) and local governments.
Gentry Locke also represents a number of outdoor advertising companies doing business in Virginia in the following ways:
- Assisting clients with sign permitting processes at both state and local levels;
- Assisting the clients with landlord/tenant related issues;
- Revising local zoning ordinances throughout the Commonwealth to create a better operating environment for our clients;
- Working with sign ordinance issues on behalf of our in localities throughout Virginia;
- Assisting clients with acquisition and development
- Representing clients in administrative appeals through VDOT; and
- Providing a full range of other services to our outdoor advertising company clients.
Chip Dicks has more than 25 years of experience in this industry and coordinates Gentry Locke’s Outdoor Advertising team of attorneys. Contact one of the attorneys listed at left so we can assist your company with outdoor advertising and sign-related issues.Have questions? Contact us.